Sep 16, 2009

Ohhh right I'm here to go to school...

After a fun first weekend here (which included a party at some Irish guys' apartment on Friday, another night at the Sunset Cafe on Saturday and a picnic with all the international students on Sunday) I was faced with a hard reality on Monday: I'm not in Aix-en-Vacance ('Vacance' being the French word for vacation), I'm in Aix-en-Provence and I'm here to go to school!

On Monday I had French and Introduction to International Relations. The profs for both classes seem really nice; I especially think I'm going to like the International Relations. On Tuesday I had Comparing Political Institutions. The content of the class seems like it'll be interesting and pertinent to what I'm studying but the prof doesn't use any visual aid, ie. a PowerPoint, in class - he just talks, which can make the lecture kind of hard to follow. Even the French girl sitting next to me she was having a bit of a hard time following along. I'm sure I'll manage though! On Wednesdays, I'm normally going to have French Civilization but it doesn't start until next week. Thursday and Friday... no class!

Other than starting school, we've been going to the movies a lot because movies only cost 4 euros this week. We have seen Inglorious Basterds, My Sister's Keeper, and today we're going to see 500 days of Summer. They play them all in French, so at least it's good practice for me! I've also organized a little birthday gathering tomorrow night at the Sunset Cafe which should be fun! It'll be weird not having a family dinner or anything - but I guess celebrating in France is an acceptable alternative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment